Re: Overlap policy v20120615

On 06/15/2012 03:27 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:43:52 -0500
inode0 <inode0 gmail com> wrote:

No, I don't want them dropped from the build system. I want to know
why piranha can't be packaged by EPEL for example?

We added those channels to the buildsystem due to maintainer requests.
I think back when RHEL was in beta we had at least 2-3 maintainers say
that they wished to build $foo for EPEL6, but it needed $bar, which was
already in one of {ha|lb}, so could we please add them?

I think it's just mostly history at this point.

If we wanted to try and untangle them and drop them from the
buildsystem, would that make policy making better/more sane/more clear?
I'd like to see what packages that might affect.

ha has 41 packages in it.
lb has only 2.

Could we get a list of these packages? Or find out where you can get a list?

The following epel packages require packages in those 2 repos:

plplot-devel-0:5.9.7-3.el6.1

Hmm, I can install all plplot packages on my base entitlement rhel6 + optional box so this strikes me as false positive. More overlaps between channels?

Any way to ask yum to install all packages from a specific repo while still having all repos enabled? Might be interesting to see the output of something like:

yum install <all of epel>

on a base rhel6 box.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion cora nwra com