Package overlap between RHEL-6 and EPEL

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu May 17 21:23:08 UTC 2012

So it looks like we have a fair bit of overlap in the last release of
RHEL and EPEL. Currently there are 62 packages which overlap in EPEL
and will need to work out whether I missed an exclusive arch
somewhere, we need to add an exclusive arch, or we need to remove the
package.  [The file y-overlap-os-srpms contains a list of the packages
that overlap here]

Looking at other channels in RHEL-6, we have 96 packages which
overlap. The main problem with these is that they are rather core
items to EPEL (puppet, facter) or various needed rpms for other
software to work (a lot of rubygems and such). [The file
y-overlap-other-srpms contains this list of packages.]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd