Package built outside of the el6 branch

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 18 09:18:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just stumbled upon something surprising in EPEL 6.

On the repositories, the latest published version of
perl-Getopt-Long-Description is:
    perl-Getopt-Long-Descriptive-0.084-2.el6

However, in the fedora/el6 Git branch, the latest version is:
    perl-Getopt-Long-Descriptive-0.084-1.el6

Trying to understand where this -2 version is coming from, I found the
Koji build:

Koji helpfully says it was built from the git commit 1d8afac... which is
not in the fedora/el6 branch, but in the branch leading to f14+.

I'm confused, how is that possible?

--
Mathieu