EL6: rubygems-stomp && mcollective

Justin Brown justin.brown at fandingo.org
Tue May 22 14:18:01 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm running EL 6.2 and encountered a dependency problem with two EPEL
packages.

In some security configurations (stomp+ssl), mcollective requires the stomp
rubygem (i.e. rubygem-stomp). Unfortunately, mcollective 2.0.0 (current
version upstream and in EPEL) requires version >=1.20 of stomp. (The
current version of stomp is 1.2.2, but the version in EPEL is 1.1.8.)

Currently, the rubygem-stomp RPM gets pulled in as a dependency of
mcollective. I have to install rubygems, remove 1.1.8, and install 1.2.2.
It's ugly, and I'm unable to manage rubygems through Puppet due to my
network proxy. It would be extremely helpful to have the correct version in
EPEL.

Would it be possible to generate a new package for rubygem-stomp that
includes version 1.2.2?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this request.

Thanks,

Justin

========

Package Info: