Thoughts from last meeting

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue May 29 18:36:48 UTC 2012

On Tue, 29 May 2012 11:37:57 -0400
Bryan J Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:

> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > So.. who is volunteering to do this work? Because it is going to be
> > a LOT of work (and no handwavy it can't be that much.. because it
> > shows pretty quickly the person who says it doesn't have a clue
> > about the infrastructure involved.)
>
> I never said it wouldn't be.  But I'm not the only one suggesting it
> could address several details.  My greater point is that there are
> many issues, regardless of what Red Hat does or does not do, in EPEL.
>
> It's important to remember to take my comments in the context they
> were made (i.e., in response to other statements).

Just to note here, any addition of additonal repos is not going to be
"oh, lets toss that out and it's all done".

A partial list of what we would need to do to add a repo:

* Patch bodhi to know about the new repo, what requirements it would
  have. If it would have a updates-testing version and how to promote
  to updates.

* Add a koji tag for the builds.

* Modify the fedora git processing scripts to allow branches to be made
  for this repo.

* Update mash and such to create the repo(s).

* Process all the packages that would need to be added.

* Add components to bugzilla for the new repo/channels/packages.

And I'm sure there's other issues... it would not be at all easy, and I
would prefer to avoid it.

kevin