Zabbix 2.0.2 SRPM available

Fabrice Salvaire f.salvaire at genomicvision.com
Wed Sep 26 08:45:24 UTC 2012

Dear all,

On 25/09/12 18:37, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:29:26 +0200
> Fabrice Salvaire<f.salvaire at genomicvision.com>  wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I upgraded the Zabbix package to the upstream version 2.0.2. It seems
>> to work fine, except I don't tested everything.
>>
>> Thus I have the SRPM with the update for the spec file and some of
>> the sources files. How can I provide it to EPEL ?
>
> File a bug against the epel Zabbix package and the maintainer can
> review and apply your patches.

If I am right the EPEL devel list archive is not searchable and there is
no "public container" to put such works: a way to find experimental SRPM
for a package, a kind of github infrastructure with a wiki and branches.
The SRPM of Greg Swift is certainly much better than my quick upgrade of
the 1.8 package, my own is just a RPM version of no more than a personal
compilation in order to deploy the agent easily. But how to be aware of it?

Fabrice