[et-mgmt-tools] Question about Guest disk image size limit

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jul 2 18:25:09 UTC 2007

Jason Dunn wrote:
> I found this post from a few months back, and was wondering if anyone
> knew when this fix would make its way into RHEL5 if ever?  In the mean
> time, does anyone know what I could change that would allow me to have
> larger than 16GB image files for guest OS's?

The problem is literally just in the virt-manager UI (and it's been
fixed there since virt-manager 0.4.0).  So there are several things you
could do in the meantime, including upgrading to a recent virt-manager
using the FC6/F7 src RPM, or using /usr/sbin/virt-install directly, or
(I think this will work?) creating the disk image first by hand.

Rich.