[et-mgmt-tools] cfengine chicken and egg problem

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:15:01 UTC 2007

Now that I've got %include working, on to the next problem.
At least I think it's working.  It's been running the post-install
scripts for quite a while, but that's probably to be expected.

Hmm.  I've waited a long time and I'm beginning to get worried
that the post install script may have run amok.  Are there good
techniques for debugging post install scripts?

Maybe I'm not quite ready for the next problem.

Putting cobbler and cfengine together, I have a bit of
a which comes first problem.

Ideally cfengine should take care of the configs
in yum.repos.d

But these configs need to be set up before I install
cfengine from a 3rd Party repository.

And before I do that I need to install and configure
yum-priorities so the 3rd Party repos don't run amok
and trash the system.

I can see a way to break this vicious cycle of
dependencies.  But I'm not sure I've considered all
the subtleties.  How are folks who are using cobbler
with cfengine getting things initially set up?

--
Drew Einhorn