[et-mgmt-tools] %include

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:52:49 UTC 2007

When is 0.5.2 due to hit the repositories?

I've cobbled together my own .rpm packages
using the latest source from git

I think they have some minor problems
   bad %files section

but I think they are close enough for now
and I think they will automatically be updated when 0.5.2
hits the repositories.

But I'm not 100% sure I haven't made some mistakes that
are bigger than I realize, since I have not really built any
rpms for years.

I'll be happy when my funky rpms are replaced.

On 7/30/07, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan at redhat.com> wrote:

> Adam Rosenwald wrote:
> > Nice!!! Will make use of this!
> >
> > Examples should fit nicely in the KickstartTemplating WiKi page. :)
>
> It's a public wiki ... so community generated examples are always
> welcome anytime.   You'll need to create a Fedora Account System account
> to get
> started:   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
>
> However, just to get folks started, I've written some things up:
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/cobbler/wiki/KickstartTemplating
>
> Probably more than most want to know :)
>

> > -A.
> >
> > Michael DeHaan wrote:

> >> I've just committed a neat feature to allow easy includes in
> >> kickstart templates without needing to do the host-on-http-server /
> >> wget-in-pre / %include trick.
> >>
> >> To do this, in a kickstart template, you can now say:
> >>
> >> SNIPPET::name_of_snippet
> >>
> >> and it will automatically include the contents of
> >> /var/lib/cobbler/snippets/name_of_snippet
> >>
> >> The interestingness here is that the snippet definition can also
> >> contain further Cobbler templating variables that are profile and/or
> >> system specific -- which is something
> >> you can't do in Anaconda without a lot of black magic.
> >>
> >> Currently Cobbler includes only one sample snippet as an example, and
> >> you will see SNIPPET::partition_select in the new default
> >> kickstarts.     Folks can define as many more as they like by adding
> >> files to /var/lib/cobbler/snippets/, giving each file a descriptive
> >> name.
> >>
> >> --Michael

Drew Einhorn