[et-mgmt-tools] Where is the Configuration File?

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 18:06:31 UTC 2007

Artur Baruchi wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Well.. I've installed a virtual machine using Xen and Virt-Manager but
> after a successfully installation I couldn't find the configuration
> file used to xen bring up the virtual machine (usually its located in
> /etc/xen/ path). I would like to know where OR how Virt-manager is
> getting the information to bring my virtual machines up?
>
> Software Versions:
>
> Fedora Core 7
> Xen 3.1.0
> Virt-Manager 0.4.0.2
> Libvirt 0.2.3.1
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Att.
> Artur Baruchi

Hi.

With xen 3.1, config information for guests is no longer in /etc/xen,
nor is it modifiable by editing a config file. XenSource decided it was
better to hide the config information.

Virt-manager gets information about active and inactive guests by
querying libvirt for them. libvirt then turns around and asks xend, or
whatever hypervisor you are using, for the information and returns it.
for You can do the same thing from the command line with "virsh dumpxml
<guest>".

--Hugh

--
Red Hat Virtualization Group http://redhat.com/virtualization