[et-mgmt-tools] [patch 0/8] [virtinst] Add installer concept and livecd installer example

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu May 10 15:54:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 01:15:28PM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
> 	This set of patches explores the notion of allowing virtinst
> to have different installer types apart from the existing support
> for distribution installers.
>
> 	This notion can be used to e.g. support livecd or pre-built
> system images.

I've sent a few comments on respective patches, but in general I think this
is all good work we should include. Any idea when you'll be doing an
installer to deal with pre-built images :-)  We've got a good lot of new
ways of installing VMs

 - Distro installer
 - Live CD
 - Cloning
 - PXE booting distro installer
 - Pre-built system images (will keep debbootstrap fans happy)

so it'd be advantageous to see it all come together to validate we've got
the right flexibility in this new APIs. That said, from what I see it does
look sane already

Dan.