[et-mgmt-tools] webui error

Dan swissslinky at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:16:13 UTC 2007

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 13:22:14 -0500
> From: Michael DeHaan <mdehaan at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: [et-mgmt-tools] [ANNOUNCE] Cobbler 0.6.3 and Koan 0.6.3
> To: Fedora/Linux Management Tools <et-mgmt-tools at redhat.com>
>
> Michael DeHaan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It's time to release Cobbler 0.6.3 and Koan 0.6.3!
> I've updated the install docs for the Web UI ... mainly some chmod and
> Apache configuration stuff that was missing earlier.
> If you're upgrading or just setting it up for the first time, check it
> out to make sure everything is tweaked correctly.
>
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/cobbler/wiki/CobblerWebUi
>
> --Michael

Setting AllowOverride All worked to bring the auth. dialog box back up, but one
problem overcome, another arrives; webui returns internal error after completing
the auth. dialog box.

I've tweaked and checked everything I think it could be, but apache error log is
telling me this:

[client 128.141.57.220] configuration error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?: /cgi-bin/cobbler/webui.cgi

So a breakdown:

auth.conf is owned as apache:root, with -rw-r-----
I've tried this with apache:apache too

.htaccess and .htpassword both have -rw-rw----