[et-mgmt-tools] network configuration - Cobbler add versus ksmeta

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Tue Nov 27 19:30:38 UTC 2007

> I just did the following and $nameserver evaluated fine in
> /var/www/cobbler/kickstarts_sys/X/ks.cfg
>
> cobbler system edit --name=X --ksmeta="nameserver=foo.example.org"
>
> cat /var/www/cobbler/kickstarts_sys/X.ks.cfg | grep foo.example.org
>
> Obviously it won't be evaluated in the profile kickstart because that
> data was tacked on to the system, not the profile...

for the record the issue here was that my network snippet looked like

network --bootproto=static --device=eth0 --onboot=on --ip=$ip_address
--netmask=$netmask --gateway=$gateway --nameserver=$nameserver
--hostname=$hostname

and it should have been

network --bootproto=static --device=eth0 --onboot=on --ip=$ip_address
--netmask=$subnet --gateway=$gateway --nameserver=$nameserver
--hostname=$hostname

thanks