[et-mgmt-tools] Thoughts on Cobbler authorization/authentication and access levels in your organization?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 22:56:54 UTC 2007

Aaron Lippold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could http://www.freeipa.org/ offer up any quick wins?
>
> Yours,
>
> Aaron

Supporting kerberos and LDAP generically, and /enabling/ that kind of
support (probably including tutorial instructions for doing that with
the IPA stuff) is certaintly the plan.
We're not going to require Free IPA setup, however, as we want to
support existing installations, which probably have something they
already want to use.

The other (and slightly more interesting) part of course is getting the
permissions/ownership workflows right, and I've gotten some good
feedback on that so far as well.

--Michael