[et-mgmt-tools] COBBLER patch for DHCP host creation/deletion without restarting ISC DHCP

Pablo Iranzo Gómez Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 14:26:14 UTC 2008

	Hi

El mar, 29-04-2008 a las 10:16 -0400, Michael DeHaan escribió:
> Very nice!
>
> Does anyone want to take a look at testing this?
>
> I'm looking at applying most of the submitted patches later this week
> (this week has been excellent in terms of cobbler contributions, thanks
> everyone!) -- when we do it would be nice to have this on the Wiki,
> including instructions of what you have to add to
> /etc/cobbler/dhcp.template to enable omshell.

It's on template in RPM, will fill a wiki page ;) I promise!

> Comments on error bits:
>
> - Error checking if dhcp has no omapi enabled and cobbler configuration
> says so
>
> This probably generates an error from DHCP, which is probably sufficient given that if you are enabling the omapi
> bits that can be part of the instructions.

Yes, exactly two errors per defined host ;), no error if it didn't
worked but didn't complained

> 	- No dhcp started
>
> Cobbler check should look for this if manage_dhcp is enabled.   So we should be covered there.

Nice

> 	- no password authentication enabled (described in omshell)
>
> How do the passwords work?

	Ala DNSSEC way... not tested, but you're supposed to use that shema for
authentication

> 	- Port used is 647 as it's defined in SELinux for DHCP, but not sure if
> used for any other thing... but for me, it works.
>
> It appears to be reserved for "DHCP failover" in /etc/services so I
> think we're good to go.

	If not, we should ask for another port enabled in DHCP SELinux
policy... anyone using dhcp failover with cobbler? ;)

	Thanks for your comments!
	Pablo

--

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com)
RHCE/Global Profesional Services Consultant Spain