[et-mgmt-tools] Sysdirector

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Thu Aug 28 15:28:33 UTC 2008

Ah,

I think I misunderstood the purpose of sysdirector.

I envisioned being able to template puppet/cfengine config files much in
the same way that we do now for kickstart, snippets, etc.

Daniel spoke about it solving the wrong problem. I'm not sure I disagree
with him but currently I think the vast majority of people who use some
sort of configuration mgmt system wind up templating their files.

I guess I need to look a bit more at Augeas.

Cheers,
Harry

<snip>