[et-mgmt-tools] Re: remote virtual terminals

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 14:19:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 3:40 PM, drew einhorn <drew.einhorn at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I need to do Ctl-Alt-Fn to access alternate Virtual Consoles on the virsh
> > console
> > on the DomU to troubleshoot the DHCP issue.  But the Hardy laptop is
> > catching
> > the Ctrl-Alt-Fn and presenting alternets Virtual Consoles on the laptop
> > instead of
> > shoving them through the ssh connection to the remote virsh console.
>
> I only vaguely followed that - but what about `chvt` ?

It looks like Ctrl-Alt-Fn is normally bound to: chvt n
on the my Hardy laptop.

When the xterm with the ssh session to the remote xen dom0 has focus,
I need to override that binding somehow.  Instead of Ctrl-Alt-Fn changing
the virtual consoles on the local laptop.  I want it sent over the ssh
connection
to the remote dom0 session.  Where it can be processed by the virsh runnning
in dom0 presenting a domU console.

The domU is in early stages of the RHEL5 installer and my idea of tweaking
the key bindings isn't going to work.

> Brian
>
> --

Drew Einhorn