[et-mgmt-tools] fix for suse install on virtinst 0.3

Corey Henderson corman at cormander.com
Fri Sep 12 20:16:27 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm running a CentOS 5.2 xen dom0 with opensuse 10.3 paravirutalized
guests. I've been using my own installation script in the past, but have
decided to give virt-install a whirl with autoyast.

It got to the point where it downloads the ls-lR.gz file and looks for the
kernel RPM, and fails.

Looking at the code, I was a little puzzled as to why it's trying to
extract a kernel rpm and built an initrd when one already exists in the
opensuse 10.3 install tree.... so I wrote a quick patch that basically
just removed the wacky code and added the paths:

+        kernelpath = "boot/i386/vmlinuz-xenpae"
+        initrdpath = "boot/i386/initrd-xenpae"

(this is obviously just for i386, might want to do something a little more
elaborate to detect if arch is x86_64)

This patch is against the CentOS 5.2 distribution package:
python-virtinst-0.300.2-8.el5 and it works for me beautifully now.

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks!

--
Corey