Re: [et-mgmt-tools] -parallel supported?

Bob Tennent wrote:
> qemu-kvm has a -parallel option for attaching a parallel port to a
> guest. Does virt-manager support this? I'm running version 0.5.3-2.fc8.
>
> Bob T.

virt-manager currently does not have support for adding
parallel devices to guests, though this is supported at
the libvirt level. So, using virsh, you can add a parallel
device to an existing VM. Check out
http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsConsole for
xml examples.

There will likely be a 'Add Character Device' wizard in
virt-manager down the line, no official timeline yet
though.

Thanks,
Cole