Re: [et-mgmt-tools] Virt-Manager not connecting qemu:///system

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 09:51:26AM -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
> It's easy to forget, but anytime you update libvirt you will
> need to restart libvirtd. Sounds like that could be the problem.
The Ubuntu packages are based on the Debian ones and I dropped the
daemon restart from the postinst so we don't tear down all running
machines - so this is likely the problem.
Did anybody work on saving enough state to restart libvirtd while
keeping the VMs running? If not I might give it a whirl once I find some
time.
 -- Guido

P.S.: There are packages of libvirt 0.4.6, virtinst 0.400.0 and
virt-manager 0.6.0 in debian/experimental by the way, these should be
easily buildable on Ubuntu