Re: [et-mgmt-tools] paravirtualization on a T7200

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:31:21 +0100, Javier Carnero Iglesias
<emepetres gmail com> wrote:
> I'm using kvm in Ubuntu Intrepid x86_64, and I thought kvm could do
> paravirtualization. So I'll try xen while I'm waiting for a new release
of
> kvm with paravirtualization support.

If you are on Ubuntu (as I am), the Ubuntu vm builder will give you a
virtual machine with a really cut down OS and a special kernel, so
virtualisation isn't that important (for me anyway) -
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/serverguide/C/ubuntu-vm-builder.html

You can also use a special network driver for the guest, "virtio" -
http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/serveredition/technologies/virtualization