[et-mgmt-tools] Importing kvm vm

I am have a few kvm virtual machines that I have been running natively with kvm using commands like the following:

kvm -hda mywinxp.qcow2 -m 2G -smp 2 -k en-us -name "My WinXP" -vga std -net nic -net user -soundhw all -cpu qemu64

It doesn't appear that I can put this under libvirt control via virt-manager. Do I need to use virt-install from the command line or can I just hand write the XML and put it in /etc/libvirt/qemu?