Re: State of the union

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 08:40:43AM -0800, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> I'd add to this list tools for easy conversion from ext2 to ext3 and
> vice versa, taking care of creation of the journal, etc.

Conversion from ext3 to ext2 is simple: unmount and remount will work.
As for user-land tools to automate it, that's what I'm working on
right now --- I've got the new 0.0.5b recovery/revoke code integrated
into e2fsprogs now, and the 0.0.5c ext3 release will include three
kernel files (the jfs.h header and the recovery.c and revoke.c
recovery files) which can be shared verbatim with e2fsprogs, to avoid
having to maintain that code twice.