bomb out on unknown rootflags?

Doing some debugging of my kernel build with ext3 and noticed something
interesting.  At the bottom of the rootflags options processing loop
there is a return failure if there was an option that ext3 did not know
about.

Should this be the behaviour?  Would it not be better to ignore options
not recognized?  Surely, some day, some other filesystem is going to
want to use rootflags to have one of it's options passed in which will
be unknown to ext3.  We don't really want ext3 to fail to mount the
filesystem in that case right?  Or is there something about the option
passing that I am missing?

Also there is a bug in passing root_mount_data to read_super() directly.
 It seems that some filesystems (ext3 included!) such as isofs that want
to modify that data by putting a null between option/value pairs
(overwriting the '=').  The problem of course is that if that
option/value pair is for another filesystem type, to be evaluated later,
when it gets to the next filesystem processing option/value pairs it is
no longer a "option=value" but an "option\0value".  Or again, am I
missing something?

b.

--
Mountain View Data, Inc.