Re: bomb out on unknown rootflags?

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 12:52:17PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> Actually, the problem exists independent of rootflags.

No, other mount calls always specify the fs type, so we only ever go
through one parsing loop.  If you have fstype=auto in fstab, then it's
the mount binary, not the kernel, which loops over the filesystem
types.

> Actually, rootflags is useful for filesystems other than ext3.  Basically,
> you _should_ be able to use available filesystem options for a root fs,
> but some may need to be set at mount time instead of remount time.  IMHO,
> maybe this should be submitted as a patch separate from ext3?

Quite probably.  That, and one quota change, are improvements usable
by ext3 which are probably suitable for the mainstream kernel.

--Stephen