Re: root-partition

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 03:20:54PM -0500, thm duke edu wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 04:49:35PM +0100, Joachim Kunze wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been working with the ext3-fs for several months (since 0.0.2c),
> > and it works pretty fine for me, but I haven't found out, how I works to
> > migrate my root-partition from ext2 to ext3.
> >
> > I tried it with the commands at the lilo-prompt, but it didn't work.
> > I only received a kernel panic.
> >
> > Any ideas, how I can migrate to ext3 on my root-partition?
> >
> > tnx,
> >

> I almost don't want to say how I did it, but it does in fact work.

	[interesting but painful sounding stuff deleted]
> Viola.

	At least at one point, an easier way to do this
existed. Someone correct me if this doesnt work with
the current ext3 stuff, as I havent actually tried it.

:Paraphrasing from an email from Mike Wangsmo:

	lilo -R KERNEL_IMAGE_NAME_HERE rw rootflags=journal=INODE_HERE

	INODE_HERE is the inode number of the journal file.

	On the next boot it will use the root flags, and create
the journal file.

	At least, thats supposed to work.

Adrian