Re: kernel oops

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 06:18:29PM -0500, Keith Barrett wrote:
> It's obvious from this thread we are going to need a documented, reliable
> way of converting an ext3 system back to ext2.

Other than "mount -t ext2"?

Once tune2fs groks the journal, it will be able to convert in both
directions, which will be of particular relevance to root filesystems
(so that an ext3-enabled kernel can mount root as ext2 despite the
presence of a journal file), but other than that I don't think much
needs to be done.  There really isn't any conversion involved.