rootflags argument doesn't work with initrd.

I tried to convert / to ext3, so I went ahead and entered
rootflags=noload,journal=355 on the LILO prompt.  The kernel failed to
mount /:

EXT3-fs error (device ramdisk(1,0)): ext3_get_inode_loc: bad inode number: 355

The boot device is a scsi hard disk, so initrd is used to load the scsi
driver, before mounting /.  So, it looks like the kernel rootflags= arg
gets applied to the ramdisk, not the real root.  Blah.

--
Sam