Re: rootflags argument doesn't work with initrd.

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 08:30:58PM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> I tried to convert / to ext3, so I went ahead and entered
> rootflags=noload,journal=355 on the LILO prompt.  The kernel failed to
> mount /:
>
> EXT3-fs error (device ramdisk(1,0)): ext3_get_inode_loc: bad inode number: 355
>
> The boot device is a scsi hard disk, so initrd is used to load the scsi
> driver, before mounting /.  So, it looks like the kernel rootflags= arg
> gets applied to the ramdisk, not the real root.  Blah.

Yes.  As I said before, we're working on a separate mechanism for this
--- a "tune2fs" which lets you add a journal to a live filesystem, so
that it can be picked up on a subsequent mount.  That will remove the
need for rootflags entirely, and will work with an initrd.