Re: NEEDS_RECOVERY flag

Peter writes:
> I tried Andreas' patch (attached)  and it works great.

For those of you who didn't see the original message (because I posted it
to ext2-devel and not ext3-beta), the patch Peter is referring to fixes
the problem people have been reporting about the needs_recovery flags
set on an ext3 root after a clean shutdown.

What's more important is that if you have any old rev 0 ext2 filesystems
(check via dumpe2fs -h /dev/<disk>) that you are testing ext3 on, this
patch also prevents you from remounting such a filesystem that needs
ext3 recovery as ext2, potentially corrupting the filesystem.  There
probably aren't many old filesystems that have been exposed to ext3.
However, my desktop, has a couple of rev 0 filesystems on it, and they
would be at risk with any incompatible change to ext2.

Cheers, Andreas