Funny stuff

Something funny happend while i was playing around with ext3.
I was making an ext3 journal on my root partition. So I typed this at the
lilo promt

linux "rw rootflags=journal=4624"

so while it was booting it started to complain about the quotes. The funny
thing is that when I typed mount it said it was on an ext3 filesystem so I
was somewhat amazed. I rebooted (no lilo parms) and no errors this time so
I typed mount again and it kept saying ext3 even though I saw the kernel
saying it mounted the system (ro,ext2) before remouting it (rw).

I then decided to cut the power to see what would happen. And during the
reboot it started a normal ext2 fsck check of the filesystem.

That's all for now (gotta catch the bus)
Ask if you need to know more stuff.
--
Maarten Siegers
Unix system administrator