Re: SMP/PCMCIA

On Monday, October 30 2000, Sam Varshavchik said:

> I have two sacrificial lambs -- one is an SMP box, the other one's a
> laptop, but I don't see kernel-smp or kernel-pcmcia-cs packages.
>
> So, can I use the ext3 patch on an SMP box or a laptop?

For the SMP box, you should be able to use the enterprise kernel from
ftp.beta, as the enterprise kernel is configured with SMP support.  For
the laptop, the i686 rpm I built this afternoon is up at
http://katz.linuxpower.org/rpms/kernel-2.2.17-5.i686.rpm.  It "works for
me", but I haven't tested it that hard yet.  The kernel-pcmcia-cs
package from 7.0 itself works fine for me

Cheers,

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Katz
katzj linuxpower org	| jlkatz eos ncsu edu

QOTD:
You are in a maze of little twisting passages, all alike.