Re: No PCMCIA Support?

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 08:08:18PM -0700, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> I see that the ext3 kernel being used is an enterprise kernel which
> doesn't build the PCMCIA modules generally.  Any chance of getting the
> SRPM so that testing on a laptop can actually be possible?  It's too
> much fun to have  a laptop and just hit the power button and not have to
> fsck:)

I've asked about the SRPM situation but if you want to run your own
kernel, the easy way for now is to pull the ext3 patches themselves
from

	ftp.*.kerne.org:/pub/linux/kernel/people/sct/ext3/

The "0.0.3b" tarball is the one we're using in the current beta, and
it patches cleanly against 2.2.17.  For 2.2.18-current you'll need a
one-liner patch: the easiest way to get it to build is to add an

	#include <linux/ext2_fs.h>

to the top of linux/fs/ext3/super.c once you have patched ext3 into
the kernel.

And yes, ext3 on a laptop rules.  :-)