increasing the size of the journal data file

Sorry if I resend this e-mail again, I think I had problems

----- Forwarded message from ulisses -----

Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:41:38 +0200
To: ext3-users redhat com
Subject: increasing the size of the journal data file

Hi all

I'm running succesfully 2.2.19pre13ext3

as mentioned in the subject line, I would like to increase the journal file

I have the jfs/* and ext3/* files and I believe that:

+ asigning a new journal (-o journal=[new inode or increased inode]) data can solve it

+ increasing the actual file _appending zeroes_ to it can be used to increase
it online, however the new space will not be used _until next mount_

am I right?

Thanks in advance for your reply, any comment will be greatly appreciated

regards

		Ulisses

PD: I think it would be cool to add this info to ext3 related readme files

                Debian GNU/Linux: a dream come true
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso

--->	Visita http://www.valux.org/ para saber acerca de la	<---
--->	Asociación Valenciana de Usuarios de Linux		<---

----- End forwarded message -----