ext3 mount problems

After a rather severe hard boot, my machine refuses to mount homes, which
are on an ext3 partition. Here is the error i get while mounting...

# mount /dev/sdc1

EXT3-fs: invalid journal inode
EXT3-fs: get root inode failed
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdc1,
	or too many mounted filesystems

However I am able to mount it as ext2 and continue. I am using ext3-0.0.6b
on kernel 2.2.19. The drive is a SCSI on a AIC7xxx controller.
Any fast way to get around this (rebuilding the journal perhaps?) or is it
something more involved. I tried passing -o journal=<inode> and mounting
again using a new journal file, but that gave the same error.

Since i took the liberty of using ext3 on a production server here, i
would *really* appreciate some quick advice on this.

Thanks

Abheek

Abheek Anand

Final Year B.Tech,				abheek cse iitd ac in
Computer Science and Engineering,		abheek bigfoot com
IIT - Delhi
India