ac4 ext3 recovery failure

Rebooting to try 2.4.7-ac4, I had Xfree86 crash on exit and hang the
machine (it does that once a month or so; this notebook gets booted
quite often).  After fscking the root and another ext2 partition, the
system got to the big ext3 partition and just went dead.  No message,
no disk activity, no keyboard response.  I powered down and rebooted
2.4.7-ac3 patched with ext3-2.4-0.9.5-247ac3, and that came up ok and
recovered the journalled partition.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg bgl nu |