Re: Howto create hidden journal on / fs

> > Also, what journalling mode is appropiate for a database server such
> > as mysql/postgres ?
>
> Probably ordered mode.  I haven't tried that combination myself yet.
> Writeback mode may well do just fine if you're happy with its more
> relaxed semantics.

Stephen, Could you elaborate on the relaxed semantics. What should one
look for in semantics of various ext3 modes (obviously depends on the
workload) when deciding which mode to use

Andrew mentioned that in writeback mode, the contents of the file may
have potentially stale data. What's the time window on this ?