Re: getting rid of debug messages?

On Tuesday 07 August 2001 05:55, Stephen C. Tweedie babbled:

> In other words, the message is already as relaxed as it can be --- you
> just need to get your init scripts to be a little more selective about
> what message they let through to the console.  If you do change the
> dmesg level, *only* console output gets inhibited --- the messages
> still get written to the system logs as usual.

OK, I'll bite.. alter the scripts like what?
Currently the script does 'mount -a'
Will a 'mount -a >/dev/null 2>&1' suffice?

--
Douglas J. Hunley (doug hunley homeip net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: http://hunley.homeip.net/	Admin: http://linux.nf/

~~ Now offering Linux admin services for the home user ~~

Psychology. Mind over matter. Mind under matter?
It doesn't matter. Never mind.