Re: getting rid of debug messages?

On Tuesday 07 August 2001 10:02, Stephen C. Tweedie babbled:

> > OK, I'll bite.. alter the scripts like what?
>
> Like I just described: set "dmesg -n 4" or something before doing the
> fs mounts.
>
> > Currently the script does 'mount -a'
> > Will a 'mount -a >/dev/null 2>&1' suffice?
>
> No, that won't supress kernel log messages.

My bad Stephen. I didn't parse your original reply properly... I'm gonna go
get some caffeine and go back to lurking ;)

--
Douglas J. Hunley (doug hunley homeip net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: http://hunley.homeip.net/	Admin: http://linux.nf/

~~ Now offering Linux admin services for the home user ~~

"All language designers are arrogant. Goes with the territory..."