Re: BUG: Assertion failure with ext3-0.95 for 2.4.7

Tom Rini wrote:

> With this patch my first oops seems to have gone away.  I'm repeating
> the test again, but dbench'ing 2,4,8,16,32 and then 64 (until disk
> space ran out) worked this time.

Thanks, Tom and Christian.

Yup, it's definitely a bug and the fix will be in 0.9.6 (in fact the way
things are looking at present it'll be the only substantive change in
0.9.6).

If it's possible, could you please also test journalled data mode?

It'd be interesting to sanity test recovery as well, but doing
thorough testing of recovery is hard.  That's why the ext3 patch
places interesting debug/devel code way down inside the IDE device
driver...