Re: BUG: Assertion failure with ext3-0.95 for 2.4.7

[cc's trimmed]

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 11:09:35AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> If it's possible, could you please also test journalled data mode?

Okay.  I got an old, in need of a reinstall, PPC box up and going with
2.4.8-pre8+ext3-0.9.5+fsync_dev->fsync_no_super.  I told it
rootflags=data=journal, which seems to have taken.  Then I did an
rpm -e of 50-60+ pkgs that I had ment to remove before,  Once that had
started to remove stuff, I cut the power, and started up again.  Each
time all I had to do was a rpm --rebuilddb, since the db hadn't had
a chance to fully update itself.  But aside from that it seems to
have done well.  (I've killed the power at least 6 times now.  I
figured this would be an OK test since I had something similar
happen on reiserfs on my x86 box which totally toasted the dpkg
db).

If theres any more specific tests you'd like me to run, please let
me know.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/