Converting Ext2 -> Ext3

Reading archives I did found letter related to my question:

Stephen C. Tweedie:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 08:27:44PM +0300, Nikolaos Kefalas wrote:
>> I want only to  ask  ,  if it is necessary  to run tun2fs -J the kernel to have
>> support for ext3 .
>> I want to boot , from another  linux to convert my partions since the partition
>> must not be
>> mounted  but this does n't support ext3  :-(.
>
>No, you don't need any kernel support to run tune2fs.  You obviously
>need kernel support to mount the filesystem as ext3, but you can add
>the journal and keep mounting it as ext2 without any extra kernel
>support.

	Is it possible to convert ro fs?

	I just want to boot system with ro /, tune2fs -j /dev/hda, reboot, fix fstab
and reboot again.

	Is it possible? Why is this requirement - "no fs mounted" - here? Journal is
stored inside of fs structure?

	do I need to create boot floppy with tune2fs?

	Is there any option how to convert ext2 / to ext3?
begin:vcard
n:Filiapau;Ihar
tel;pager:+375 (0) 17 2850000#6683
tel;fax:+375 (0) 17 2841537
tel;home:+375 (0) 17 2118441
tel;work:+375 (0) 17 2841371
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.iph.to
org:Enformatica Ltd.;Linux Developement Department
adr:;;Kalinine str. 19-18;Minsk;BY;220012;Belarus
version:2.1
email;internet:philips iph to
title:Software Developer
note:(none)