Re: ext3-2.4-0.9.6

On 2001.08.12 04:28 Andrew Morton wrote:

> Well, LILO works OK with an unclean ext3 FS because it goes straight
> the underlying blocks.  If both grub and OF parse the superblock
> compatibility
> bits then they could fail in this manner.

I'm running with an ext3 root partition here using grub 0.5.95
(probably an old version, never upgraded). According to the grub
documentation,
it does parse the fs instead of going directly to the blocks.
After unclean shutdown grub has no problem finding my kernel images on
the
"not ext2 compatible" root fs... that might be a bug in grub, but not
one I'm
eager to see fixes for 8)

---
Klaasjan Brand