Re: ext3-2.4-0.9.6

Tom Rini wrote:

> What luck.  It happened again, but on the other partition, so I got to
> save the log.  It's attached, along w/ the oops (decoded).

I spent a sleepy hour or two staring at this.  No joy.

We're running ext3_forget() against a bitmap block, which is very
bad - ext3_forget is part of deleting a block, and we never
delete bitmap blocks.

It was block 0x004f0000.  Looks like the file was referring to 0x00004f00
and we swizzled it incorrectly.  But I can't see where.

Are you absolutely sure that the kernel you were running had the
le32_to_cpu() fix in ext3_clear_block()?  If it didn't, that
would explain things for sure.

Are you sure the fs is clean?  If bitmap block 0x004f0000 is not itself
reserved in the bitmaps, we'll also see this error occur.  Tried
a `fsck -f' lately?