Re: [BUG] linux-2.4.7-ac7 Assertion failure in journal_revoke() at revoke.c:307

J Troy Piper wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I have hit a kernel BUG in revoke.c in kernel 2.4.7-ac7 twice today while
> attempting to perform the same operation (patching stock 2.4.8 kernel src
> with "patch -p1 <  patch-2.4.8-ac4").  Syslog entries follow.  Please
> email me if you want/need my kernel config or any other information.

If possible, could you please use kernel 2.4.8 with the patch
http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/ext3-2.4-0.9.6-248.gz applied?

Enable buffer tracing in config.  If it happens again, we'll
get lots of nice info which will tell us what happened.

Also, please run `e2fsck -f' against the affected filesystem - if
it's already in an incorrect state ext3 perhaps could have become
confused.

Thanks.