Re: Redhat Roswell

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:50:56AM +0100, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> It appears so:
>
>        -O     Used  in  conjunction  with -a, to limit the set of
>               filesystems to which the -a is applied.  Like -t in
>               this regard except that it is useless except in the
>               context of -a .  For example, the command:
>                      mount -a -O no_netdev
>               mounts all file systems except those which have the
>               option  _netdev  specified  in the options field in
>               the /etc/fstab file.
>
> So it's like "-t" except that it matches on options, not fstype.

With e2fsprogs we do this via the following syntax:

	-t opts=no_netdev

It would be good for e2fsprogs and mount to agree on a single way of
specify these things, just to keep system administrators sane.  (And
so that people don't have to depend on distribution-specific hacks; I
beleive Mandrake has also hacked mount to have similar functionality,
but of course using a different UI.  Argh!!)

							- Ted