update to ext3

Hello All!

	I've asked this question on others lists but didn't found any answer - full
distro upgrade was only reasonable option.

	I understand why ext3 patches require up-to-date e2fsprogs - ext2 in heavy
development.

	Q1: Why ext3 requires 'very' up-to-date util-linux?

	I've tryed to upgrade from tarball - but realized that I can run into problems
with my distro. SuSE do patch their packages for some reasons making their boot
scripts dependant on incompatible options.
	So I have all chances to not login again on my box after upgrade of
util-linux...

	Q2: where could I find up-to-date ext3 patches for 2.2 kernels?

	Will appreciate for any help.
begin:vcard
n:Filiapau;Ihar
tel;pager:+375 (0) 17 2850000#6683
tel;fax:+375 (0) 17 2841537
tel;home:+375 (0) 17 2118441
tel;work:+375 (0) 17 2841371
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.iph.to
org:Enformatica Ltd.;Linux Developement Department
adr:;;Kalinine str. 19-18;Minsk;BY;220012;Belarus
version:2.1
email;internet:philips iph to
title:Software Developer
note:(none)