Re: fsck

What version of e2fsprogs are you using?

"The fsck in the 1.23-WIP version of e2fsprogs supports filesystem type
auto in /etc/fstab, which is particularly convenient for switching
between ext2-only and ext3 kernels."

If you don't have e2fsprogs 1.23-WIP or higher(is there higher?) you
probably can't use 'auto' in /etc/fstab

-Oli