thumbs up or down on ext3 with md?

I've read through the archives and it looks like people are using ext3
with software RAID with at least some success.  I just want to confirm
that it works properly.  If I convert my md RAID 0 to ext3, should I
expect

A) A fast journalled filesystem, or
B) Wailing and gnashing of teeth

My RAID currently does not use persistant superblocks, because I created
it many moons ago under the old raidtools.  Should I convert it to the new
style before making it ext3, or is is not relevant?

Regards,
Jeffrey Baker