Re: ext3 + autofs4 yields kernel oops

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

> t> It sounds like autofs4 probably has some bugs where it's
> t> derferencing freed objects, and it's getting caught by the slab
> t> poisoning which the ext3 patch enables.
>
> I've been using ext3 and autofs4 for several months without any such
> obvious problems, and I've not had to turn off slab poisoning.  I
> build both into the kernel monolithically, though, while it sounds
> like Ben builds both as modules.

I just tested it with modular autofs4. Seems you need an

	alias autofs autofs4

in modules.conf, btw...

It worked OK.

I think slab poisoning is turned off in ext3 - there was a bunch
of confusion over linus/alan incompatibilities and I turned it
off for a while, and it stuck.  Probably it's enabled in Redhat's
beta kernels though.